Hiring Experienced Fabricators
Posted on: October 30, 2019
Skip the commute! Work for a reputable boat building facility est. 1987 in beautiful Sooke, BC! If you love fishing and the outdoors you will love living and working in Sooke! Commute the opposite way everyone else is and beat the traffic!
Silver Streak Boats is looking for Fabricators to start immediately; we are very busy with lots of orders to fill. We are looking for candidates who have a background in the marine world and possess fabrication and some welding skills. Must be able to cut, fit and form.
Experience with Aluminum is preferred.
Job entails, cutting, forming, rolling materials in aluminum, helping skilled fabricators assemble boats of all sizes using press brakes, plate rolls, plasma cutters, punches, shears, programmable pipe benders, & reading drawings provided with 3 D modeling software.
Aluminum welding testing and qualification tickets are available in house, as well.
– 2-week closure in August and 2-week at Christmas/New Year’s.
– Medical/Dental Benefits after 3 or 6 months depending on position.
– Additional courses and training available paid for by Silver Streak (ex./ Forklift training, WHMIS, OFA, etc).
– Staff outings (boating, golfing, fishing)
– Must have some schooling and/or experience with fabrication and welding aluminum.
– Mison (tri-gas) experience an asset
– Can take direction and work as a team player
– Can start immediately
Wage is dependent on experience